About Your Visa
- Visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda.
- Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- Visa Exemptions.
- Nationality that do not pay for visa while entering Uganda i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas.
- COMESA(Angola), Eritrea, Malawi, Madagascar, Seychelles, Swaziland, Zambia, Comoros, Kenya, Mauritius, Zimbabwe)
- EAC(Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Burundi)
- Others(Antigua, Barbados, Fiji, Grenada, Lesotho, Syria, Leon, Solomon islands, The Grenadines, Vanuatu, Cyprus, Bahamas, Belize, Gambia, Jamaica, Malta, singer pore, St Vincent-Tonga).
- Any other exemptions as may be specified on arrivals
- Every intending visitor ID required to carry genuine passport /travel document with validity beyond one year.
- All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Arrival /departure declaration cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitors' pass for a specific duration will be granted by the immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holders stay in the country for the period granted in the pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.(Contact Uganda Revenue Authority for details on prohibited substances).
- Visitors should not over stay there visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal actions including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of vectors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- Where victors seek to stay longer than the period granted in the visitors' pass on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala or respective regional offices before expiry of the initial visitors' pass. Save for EAC Nationals, extension sought by other foreign nationals shall not exceed Six month in aggregate.
Requirements for extension of visitors' pass
- Fill extension of visitors' pass.
- Attach covering letter from applicant or host if applicable.
- Attach immigration status of host (if applicable).
- Attach copy of confirmed return air-ticket
- Attach copy of passport/travel document.
- Provide Original passport for endorsement of facility.
- All foreign nationals entering and residing in Uganda must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
For more Information Visit the Directorate Citizen and Immigration Control, Ministry of Internal Affairs.
We are also represented on www.safaribookings.com